Why Bone Broth?
I could talk until the cows come home about why we love bone broth for dogs and cats but for the sake of clarity here’s a short list of benefits. If you’re looking for more information I encourage you to check out out Instagram @georgespantry_au where we will post in more detail explaining these benefits.
- Collagen in the bones breaks down into gelatine which supports the mucosal lining of the gut, improving nutrient absorption and overall gut health
- Gelatine decreases inflammation which aids in cells healing in the gut. It can also be absorbed into other parts of the body improving the condition of hair, skin and nails.
- Glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid present in the broth aid in improving joint pain and arthritis symptoms.
- Excellent source of hydration (works a bit like an electrolyte)
- Healthy addition to meals to help with fussy eaters! E.g. can be poured over the top of kibble to increase palatability.